9.06.2009

Yurts

I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Great read! I'm halfway through Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. So far just as entertaining and fun to read. Heidi and another friend have also just completed the first book so tomorrow we are celebrating the holiday by watching the first Harry Potter movie. Should be fun!

Last week I had my first ever experience camping in a yurt. Our yurt looked something like this:

The camping event was a retreat for the leaders of Vertical, the middle school ministry at K2. It was really fun to get to know the leaders better and have some great bonding moments. We fell out of a canoe not only once, but twice. Good story. Anyways, it was great to just sit around a campfire, undistracted, eating s'mores, and talking about what we see God doing in this upcoming year in regards to Vertical and our students. Let me tell you, we have high hopes and BIG dreams and we know that God is more than capable! Next week is our fall kick off at Storm Mountain where we will enjoy another campfire and eat more s'mores. I'm pretty excited!!

Other than that, I'm more than ready for fall to take over Salt Lake City. We've had a couple of cool, breezy days. And nothing says fall like college football and overpriced Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks! Before we know it Halloween will be here! And I'm pretty excited about my costume. But you'll just have to wait for that one...

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment