9.17.2009

3for5... just five dollars!

Some friends of mine launched their nonprofit this week. The name of the organization is 3for5. Check out their website! Their goal is to provide clean water in the developing world. The idea is simple: Donate $5 and then ask 3 friends to do the same. Then, before you know it a huge difference has been made. It is so simple, but we just need people to donate. I strongly urge you to check out their website, read about their vision and consider donating $5 to the cause. If you can't do that at least go to this website and vote for 3for5. Thanks!

What am I reading? Well, I blasted through Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and am now on to Prisoner of Azkaban. Our first Harry Potter movie screening went well. Heidi posted about it on her blog and added some pictures of our snitch and lightning bolt cookies. You can look here. Since I finished The Much Too Promised Land (good read, interesting insight into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict) I picked up another book called Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe. About 50 pages in I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I like it, but the writing style is a little different after reading so much Harry Potter! The novel is about one man's life in Nigeria and how he and his family deal with the influences of British colonialism and Christian missionaries as they arrive in Africa. I've heard good things. I'll let you know how it goes.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, Cat - I love your blog! :) I also like your Oscar Wilde quote...

    ReplyDelete